16th International Conference
on Ethics Across the Curriculum
Arizona State University
Date: October 2-4, 2014
Joseph Herkert (Arizona State)
Karin Ellison (Arizona State)
Kelly Smith (Clemson)
Call for Papers
Deadline August 15, 2014
Topic: Engaging the Future Responsibly
Submissions are encouraged on issues and methods regarding responsible engagement of the future. Topics could include:
Science and Technology Issues
- Emerging technologies (e.g. robotics, human enhancement, nanotechnology)
- Sustainability (e.g. energy, water, agriculture, urban infrastructure)
- Climate change (mitigation, adaptation)
- Public health
Social and Institutional Issues
- Aging populations
- Conflict & terrorism
- Human rights
- Status of women
- Economic disparity
- Immigration policy
- Corporate social responsibility
Methods of Engagement
- Ethics advisory mechanisms (e.g. clinical ethics consultation, advisory panels)
- Cultural prediction/response (e.g. art, film, literature)
- Public engagement (e.g. town halls, social media, online education)
- Anticipatory ethics
- Scenario building
Although the theme of the conference highlights issues concerning engaging the future responsibly, the Society encourages submissions on any subject or thematic area that advances the mission of the SEAC to promote ethical inquiry and teaching across the curriculum.
Submissions may include full papers or abstracts; session formats will include paper sessions, panels, case study analysis and discussion, and pedagogical demonstrations.
Upload submissions, in PDF format and formatted for blind review, by August 15, 2014 to Easy Chair.
If you are new to Easy Chair, you must register before submitting your paper or abstract. For questions, email Mary Drago.
The Society publishes Teaching Ethics, and papers for conferences may be sent to the editors for their consideration for publication.